The Scientific and Engineering Republican Unitary Enterprise "Geoinformation Systems" was funded according to Ordinance № 62 of the Presidium of the National Academy of Sciences of Belarus dated of 27.06.1996 and registered in the Unified and State Register of Business Legal Entities and Individual Entrepreneurs of the State Executive Committee of Minsk by Resolution N° 1266 of November 8th, 2000 with registration N° 101151656.
Our enterprise is a legal entity of The National Academy of Sciences of Belarus (hereinafter referred as The NAS of Belarus) and is assigned to the Division of Physics, Mathematics and Informatics.
The founder of our enterprise is the State Scientific Institution "The United Institute of Informatics Problems" of The NAS of Belarus.
The new Article of Association of The UE "Geoinformation Systems" was approved by Ordinance of the Presidium of the National Academy of Sciences of Belarus.
The main goal of our enterprise is the conduction of scientific researches in the field of Earth Remote Sensing, information and telecommunication technologies, system designs, geoinformation systems and the relevant profit generation.
The structure of our enterprise is formed and improved keeping in mind our main scientific research areas and the current solved tasks. The structure is discussed by the Scientific and Technical Council and then is approved by our Director. Our main business units consist of departments and laboratories.
Main departments depending on their research areas:
1. Creation of the Belarusian Space System for Earth Remote Sensing:
– Systems support department
– Department for Planning and Control of the Belarusian Space System for Earth Remote Sensing
– Earth observation data processing department
– Earth observation data acquisition department
– Mission Control center of the Belarusian Space Vehicle
– Department of space systems development, exploitation and integration
– Department for protection of the BSSERS information
– TT&C Department of the Belarusian Ground Control Systems
– Laboratory of Space Engineering Researches and Investigations
– IT department
– Quality Control department
2. Creation, implementation, maintenance, systems and decision support during breakdowns at chemically hazardous facilities:
– Department for implementation and maintenance of the hardware and software components of information systems.
3. Creation of Automatic Support Systems for decision-making activities:
– Department of computer-aided mapping systems
– Department of innovative developments
4. Department of development of methods and tools for Earth Observation data processing:
– Department of development of methods and tools for Earth Observation data processing.
As of December 01, 2014 the full-time stuff of our enterprise consists of 198 employees (without having into account part-time employees), including 12 PhD candidates and 1 PhD.